The Senior Human Resources Specialist will have responsibility for leading all recruitment activities for ASI Memphis, as well as other HR projects. This role partners closely with the HR Manager and Operations Leaders on staffing execution, candidate coordination, and retention measures. This role will also assist the HR Manager in a variety of duties including providing support to employees on a wide range of human resource topics, assisting with maintaining HR functions, providing day to day support for the site, and special projects as required.
What You Will Do
• Coordinate all recruitment activities onsite and offsite
• Build relationships with hiring managers to understand their business and hiring needs
• Define and execute recruiting strategies in consultation with client groups and HR team
• Use a variety of channels and messages to find targeted sources of high-quality candidates
• Gather and maintain competitive and market intelligence to position and drive influence with hiring managers
• Coach hiring managers on interviewing and latest talent acquisition thinking and best practices
• Manage interview process for all call agent hiring
• New Hire Orientation Prep/New Hire Orientation
• Outline position requirements with limited assistance from hiring managers. Ensure job postings reflect the realities of the jobs. Post job openings through WorkDay and keep track of applicant flow and monitor online postings (Monster, Indeed).
• Screen candidates quickly based on their skill set and behaviors. Select candidates based not only on skills possessed, but also cultural and organizational fit.
• Analyze recruitment data and report to Staff
• New Hire Graduations/ Pre- Graduation Check-In
• Request new hire SSO’s and other system authorities
• Accepts internal and external employment applications and prepares paperwork for interviews
• Request Background information for all new hires
• Provide Work Day, payroll, and IT all new hire information for onboarding
• Manage Referral Program and payouts
• Ownership of all activities for job fairs including scope of which job fairs to attend, value to the business, sourcing the right candidates and marketing the business at the job fair
• Veteran Hiring Site Representative
• Assist HRM with Annual AAP process
• Establish/Maintain contacts with local community and attend community events for marketing our job opportunities
• Other duties as assigned by HR Manager and HR Director.
• Assist and/or lead other projects and activities as needed.
• Serve as back-up to other HR team members as appropriate.
• Adhere to safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all.
What You Need to Succeed
Prior relevant military service will be considered in relation to required/desired qualifications.
• Knowledge and skills normally acquired through undergraduate studies in human resources and 2+ years human resources experience; or any similar combination of education and experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the workplace.
• Self-starter capable of assessing situations, making the right decision and following through with minimum supervision.
• Ability to handle extremely confidential and sensitive information.
• Requires high degree of concentration and attention to detail.
• Requires regular exercise of independent judgment. Job occasionally requires decisions to be made in the absence of specific policies and procedures, and/or guidance from HR Manager or Director of HR.
• Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload.
• PC competent proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows applications.
• Requires thorough knowledge of employment policies and practices, interviewing techniques, and familiarity with Human Resources federal and state laws.
• Must be able to work flexible hours.
• Willing to work additional hours.
• Human Resources certification preferred (i. e. CHRP, SHRP, PHR, SPHR) or Masters Degree in HR or related field of study.
• WorkDay experience preferred.
• Experience recruiting for high volumes of turnover in a call center environment.
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE Appliances will not offer sponsorship assistance for this position.