Within the Retirements department, there are two distinctive lines of products: Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) and Employer Retirement Plans (ERPs). We currently have openings in each of these areas. Cross-collaboration between the two areas is common and requires the need for individuals who are amenable to working with both lines of the retirement products business.
Edward Jones is rapidly expanding its presence and impact in the retirement industry through an innovative growth strategy. We are seeking highly talented individuals capable of helping the firm achieve its vision.
A highly visible role, the Product Manager will assist in the development and execution of firm strategy in conjunction with internal stakeholders and product partners across the retirement industry. The Product Manager will impact the product line as a whole and have significant influence on areas such as:
- advice & guidance
- product design, development, pricing, and positioning
- client service
- systems & tools
- compliance & risk mitigation
- financial advisor education and training
These positions have significant influence with strategic partner relationships as they relate to product recommendations, design, pricing, and overall offerings. They also develop and execute business plans in conjunction with our strategic partners, enabling the sales, service and support of client solutions by our financial advisors. Individuals will also influence marketing materials and wholesaler engagement at the firm, as well as lead department/divisional/firm projects and initiatives.
• Serve as the firm's subject matter expert in either Individual Retirement Accounts (Traditional, Roth, SEP and SIMPLE IRAs) or Employer Retirement Plan Accounts and related industry matters.
• Analyze, monitor, and evaluate retirement products/programs offered at Edward Jones and across the retirement industry.
• Collaborate with leaders across the firm and identify the need for potential new products, service model enhancements, and support mechanisms for financial advisors.
• Lead the development of retirement programs, helping to shape the design, pricing, and service model to meet client needs.
• Perform as a subject matter expert in the development and delivery of retirement product training and performance support for financial advisors and internal stakeholders as needed.
• Manage product strategy in the Retirement Products space by:
• Driving product strategy-related enhancements to meet client demands.
• Analyzing proposed changes to ensure products are competitively priced and aligned with Edward Jones advice & guidance.
• Collaborating with platform management teams and other internal stakeholders.
• Serving as an IRA or ERP Subject Matter Expert on platform, process and workflow enhancements.
• Collaborate with stakeholders to drive systems, tools, data, customer service and process alignment and enhancements related to the retirement product business.
• Resolve product strategy-related issues with IRA or ERP platforms when they occur.
• Understand and interpret rules and potential rule changes in the tax, legal and regulatory environment for retirement products; help shape the firm position with respect to tax, legal and regulatory issues for retirement products/programs.
• Develop and recommend risk mitigation strategies to ensure continuity and effectiveness of the product line while minimizing risk to the firm.
•Understand retirement product business trends and opportunities, leveraging internal and competitive data. Interpret data to make business recommendations to pursue opportunities or make changes to existing processes or procedures.
• Provide feedback, coaching, training and guidance to other associates; share knowledge to help develop their subject matter expertise.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred with an emphasis in Business, Finance, Math, Engineering or Law. Advanced business degree desired.
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required within twelve months of hire.
- Related industry designation(s) are desirable (e. g. JD, CFA, CFP, CLU, ChFC, CMFC, etc.).
- Generally 7+ years of relevant financial services industry experience, or 5+ years of experience within the retirement industry
- Must possess strong analytical skills and have an ability to evaluate complex technical product information and clearly communicate recommendations that will be used to make strategic business decisions for the product line. Must have the ability to interpret data in order to identify risks and opportunities.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills in order to interact with internal stakeholders, leaders and peers to drive relationships and business outcomes.
- Demonstrates an expertise in the ability to integrate and apply advanced product and industry knowledge to identify business opportunities and risks and advance recommendations.
- Able to lead and/or manage multiple special projects within a department, the division and/or firm.
- Active in external professional networks.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite is strongly desired.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U. S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.